The First Decade of the New Millennium
In December of 2002, TCC moved its headquarters to Rockville, Maryland. Recent projects have included the following:
- Congressional South Shopping Center (renovation and expansion). The 120,000 square foot retail center was completed in 2005. Residential development behind the shopping center, consisting of 418 apartments was completed in 2006.
- The Washington Business Park in Lanham Md. was acquired in 2006. The park contains 675,000 square feet of office buildings and flex space (7 buildings) along with 50 acres of developable land.
- Union Place, Phase 1, The Loree Grand, consisting of 212 residential units and approximately 3,000 square feet of retail space was completed 2nd Qtr. 2010. The project consists of a full city block located north of Union Station and one block from the New York Avenue Metro Station. It is located between K and L Streets, NE, and 2nd and 3rd Streets in Northeast Washington.
- Velocity Condominiums, Phase 1 was completed 4th Qtr 2009. The mixed-use project contains 200 residential units and 1,500 square feet of retail space The entire project is bounded by K, L, Half and First Streets, S.E., and is a short walk from the Washington Nationals baseball stadium.
- Union Place, Phase 2 will feature a 14-story residential building containing 525 units and retail space. The total value of the entire project at completion will exceed $350 million.
- 900 2nd Street, TCC has future plans for 435,000 square feet of mixed development featuring a hotel and office / residential space.
- 1333 M Street, TCC has future plans for 800,000 square feet of mixed use development.
- Howard University Town Center, consisting of 500,000 S.F. of mixed use residential and retail space on Howard University Campus.
The Cohen Companies will continue to contribute to the revitalization of the nation’s capitol as the third generation of Cohen real estate developers continue to explore further acquisition, development, leasing and construction opportunities.